S&P Global provides innovative products and services that enhance transparency, reduce risk, and improve operational efficiency. Our customers include banks, hedge funds, asset managers, central banks, regulators, auditors, fund administrators and insurance companies. We develop large scale technology platforms and enterprise software to produce global financial data with focus on analysis and regulatory requirements.
We are seeking a bright, self-motivated person who is familiar with AWS Cloud Infrastructure to join our Cloud Operations team. This is an amazing opportunity to develop your skillset in a large enterprise environment. As a client facing team, you will be supporting our infrastructure, and automation platforms used to power our Cloud Hosting Services. You will play a crucial role as a valued member of a collaborative team, ensuring our production environment is operating efficiently and securely. This is a hands-on operational role with the opportunity to grow and develop your skillset using our extensive pool of resources.
- Supporting our client hosting AWS environments and internal infrastructure.
- Maintenance of production infrastructure using defined processes and runbooks
- Assisting client support with RDP and/or Citrix infrastructure issues
- Troubleshoot basic network issues
- Proactive monitoring and alerting using our defined toolsets
- Stakeholder management and strong communication
- Incident management:
- Identification and categorization of incidents
- Logging and tracking of incidents
- Escalation and notification
- Incident assessment and impact analysis
- Response and containment
- Investigation and root cause analysis
- Resolution and recovery
- Support cloud service continuity measures including backup & restore procedures and disaster recovery plans, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
- Experience in an infrastructure support environment, ideally AWS
- Awareness of automation solutions including build pipelines
- Familiar with Windows and/or Linux systems administration
- PowerShell and/or bash scripting experience would be beneficial
- IT Network infrastructure knowledge
- Experience of working in financial services or similar is desirable
- Ability to utilise observability tools to monitor, analyse, and troubleshoot
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code is advantageous.
- Exhibits high levels of energy, drive, and stamina, consistently maintaining a strong work ethic and a resilient attitude to create a personal impact on productivity and overall team motivation.
- Demonstrate the ability to make a positive personal impact by effectively communicating, collaborating, and influencing others within the organization.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with stakeholders at all levels, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills to build relationships, influence outcomes, and create a positive impact on stakeholder satisfaction and engagement.
- Written - Ability to write with clarity, coherence, and precision, ensuring messages are easily understood by diverse audiences. Capable of tailoring written communication to the appropriate tone and style for different audiences, whether it be formal business documents, reports, or informal emails.
- Verbal - Conveys ideas and information effectively through verbal communication, employing appropriate language, tone, and body language. Actively listens to others, demonstrating attentiveness and understanding, and responding appropriately.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and adaptability when collaborating with team members from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working hours and availability to accommodate team members in different time zones.
- Exhibits open-mindedness and a willingness to learn from different perspectives, fostering an inclusive and collaborative environment.
- Utilizes technology tools and platforms to facilitate seamless and efficient communication, such as video conferencing, instant messaging, and collaboration software.
- Encourages active participation and engagement from all team members, promoting a sense of belonging and shared responsibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)Job ID:
Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom