S&P Global, the SecDevOps team is a creative group of experts automating the Software Solutions business platform migration and operation in the AWS cloud.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to take on a leadership role of a SecDevOps engineers as they help transform our platforms through IaC, automated configuration management, integrated observability, and robust architecture. The role will lead a team of SecDevOps engineers to rapidly develop, test, validate software and hardware systems. Implement the processes and tools to support CI/CD pipeline base SecDevOps system that is cable of supporting multiple business requirements across an array of AWS and other technologies. The individual will lead a team that works across development, operations, and security teams to ensure that the SecDevOps tools and processes are supporting the holistic systems.
- Provision, configure, administrate, automate, monitor, and support enterprise Cloud services.
- Lead enterprise datacenter modernization initiative by designing an AWS cloud infrastructure which supports global business applications and operations.
- Assist in the development of processes and practices as it relates to the migration of workloads to AWS.
- Manage a team of SecDevOps engineers on technical tasks and help mentor and coach team members on challenging tasks.
- Communicate challenging technical presentations to both technical and non-technical groups.
- Manage day to day team task management to ensure work is updated and sprints are documented properly.
- Through automation, enforce continuous compliance to industry operation and security standards.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on AWS that are scalable, reliable, secure, and meet performance requirements.
- Support architectural design and new cloud service implementations utilizing industry best practices.
- Assist with the planning and migration of legacy applications to the AWS Cloud.
- Design, build and deploy automation needed to build, monitor, and support cloud-based infrastructure reducing manual intervention and improving site reliability and performance.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production environments.
- Manage security logging, monitoring, and alert triage and participate in security incident response and investigation.
- Implementing and configuring observability tools
- Automation and implementation of security standards across infrastructure
- Strong AWS knowledge
- At least 3 years IT/DevOps/SRE experience in a cloud platform
- Previous experience in team leadership of DevOps groups
- Comfortable with PostgreSQL
- Have a strong understanding of large-scale cloud computing
- Working knowledge of observability tools, preferably Grafana
- Experience with configuration management, preferably Ansible knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes, Helm, Flux
- Comfortable building cloud-based infrastructure using Terraform and YAML based pipelines
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps and AzDevOps Pipelines
- Strong understanding of AWS technologies and infrastructure, best practices, implementation, and support
- Knowledge of Network Security best practices and deployment within the AWS cloud framework
- Extensive understanding of scripting tools and technologies; specifically, YAML, Bash, PowerShell and JSON
- Comfortable working with the AWS CLI to manage cloud-based infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile working methodologies
- Have a passion to learn new technologies and drive team development
- AWS certifications a plus
- Terraform certifications a plus
- Kubernetes certification a plus
- Ansible certification a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)Job ID:
Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom