S&P Global Commodity Insights
The Role: Upstream Asset Valuation Analyst
The Team: Upstream Solutions from S&P Global Commodity Insights comprise some of the most extensive and complete information, analytics, insight, and advisory services in the world. We deliver oil and gas databases and software, energy transition insight, energy supply and demand forecasts, and comprehensive data on transactions at the global and regional market levels.
Vantage provides detailed valuation analysis for upstream oil & gas assets in a powerful online platform. Leveraging the same proprietary S&P Global exploration and production data and industry intelligence used by geology teams, Vantage values assets through engineered workflows, for both conventional and unconventional global assets with forward-looking production.
The Impact: This is an exciting opportunity for an Upstream Asset Valuation Analyst in the Middle East regional team. The Analyst will be predominantly responsible for the production, cost and economic modelling of oil & gas projects across the region.
What’s in it for you: By working alongside a team of experienced researchers, engineers, and economists, you will become a subject matter expert on upstream E&P activity in the Middle East coupled with a focus on upstream asset valuation. You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge around the wider upstream industry as it, and S&P Global, adapts and evolves with the energy transition.
The analyst will work within a team of geologists, economists and engineers focusing on the analysis of the upstream aspects of oil & gas developments in the Middle East region. The successful candidate will be able to carry out independent research integrating findings with internal sources and leveraging own technical knowledge and understanding of market dynamics in the region to build consistent and insightful asset analysis.
Part of the role is client-facing therefore the ability and confidence to communicate the ideas and present own work in a clear structured way is paramount.
Other areas of responsibility comprise:
- Solid understanding of the upstream oil & gas sector including resource development, cost estimating, midstream infrastructure, demand/supply, and regulatory issues.
- Research gathering, reserve estimation, production forecasting, field development planning, cost estimation are all requirements for the role.
- Ability to perform detailed research and critically assess and capture field/company/country data from various sources.
- Ensure data validity, consistency, and alignment with internal and external benchmarks where possible through the application of rigorous quality control and assurance processes.
- Effectively prioritize competing requests for limited resources to deliver content, respond to stakeholders and support commercial activities.
What We’re Looking For:
- BSc or MSc in petroleum geology, engineering, or economics
- Previous experience in an operating company or as an upstream researcher/analyst for a research or consulting firm highly desirable
- Highly analytical and quantitative – ability to critically review inputs, calculations and outputs. Comfortable working with large datasets
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic. Able to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as carry out independent research
- Knowledge of petroleum geology, discounted cash flow models, petroleum economics and relevant software (e.g. cost estimation, VBA, PowerBi) all advantageous
- The ability and confidence to communicate your ideas and present own work in a clear structured way as part of the role is client facing
- Fluent in written and spoken English
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level: Senior Technical Research Analyst I
The Location: Tetbury
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.