S&P Global Commodity Insights
The Role: Low Carbon Geoscience Researcher | Technical Research Analyst | Upstream Solutions
The Central Field’s team provides critical geological information and insight which supports a variety of E&P products within S&P Global's Commodity Insights Upstream Solutions organization.
S&P Global's Fields and E&P data is reliant on the role of the Low Carbon Researcher for the provision of detailed technology, geological information and insight to support the expansion of the rapidly growing energy transition markets. The researcher will collaborate with wider teams within Upstream Solutions to help provide industry leading upstream intelligence and analysis on global energy transition, enabling the client to make critical investment decisions.
What’s in it for you:
You will build on your geoscience knowledge to become an expert on CCS / CCUS with a particular view on the subsurface, focusing primarily on the potential for Co2 storage in both aquifers and depleted field reservoirs. You will work alongside an exciting research team comprised of regional experts and experienced geoscientists. You will undertake research to help create a new geological storage dataset. You will assist the upstream industry to adapt and evolve with the energy transition, and you'll be a key contact for geological storage information for both internal and external clients.
- Extensive research, analysis and interpretation of information and data relating to Carbon Capture
- Collect data and maintain the newly implemented geological storage database (Storage capacity, Development activities, Reservoirs and fluid information and Bibliography), maintain of spatial layers using GIS tools
- Initiate and run, or be directed to run, data projects to improve quality and completeness on geological storage database
- Conduct technical data review projects in conjunction with the Product team and E&P database updates. Collaborate with energy researchers on broader reports and studies
- Participate in regional presentations to S&P Global clients and collaborate with wider teams within Upstream Solutions
- Publish paper(s) in scientific journals and/or oral presentation(s) at international conferences
What We’re Looking For:
- A MSc degree in a Geoscience-related subject related to CCS/CCUS is beneficial. Post-graduate geoscience qualification preferred.
- Strong data science skills to accelerate research and work with data extraction and analysis.
- Strong industry or academic geoscience background or experience with excellent knowledge of fluid mechanism, reservoir geology and geological modelling
- 3+ years of industry experience is favorable
- Experience with GIS tools such as ESRI ArcMap and geological interpretation software such as Kingdom and Petrel
- Experience with large datasets, data management systems and data analysis software (Excel, PowerBI, Access etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluent spoken and written English. Additional languages will be considered favorable.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines is essential
- Ability to excel both individually and as part of the team, personally driving strong, collaborative relationships across the Central Team and wider regional teams
- Self-starter, resourceful and independent thinker that is detail oriented
Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
The Location: Tetbury, UK preferably, London and Aberdeen could be accommodated (United Kingdom)
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)Job ID:
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom