The Role: CCUS Project Researcher
The Location: Tetbury, London, Aberdeen
The Team: Upstream Solutions from S&P Global Commodity Insights comprise some of the most extensive and complete information, analytics, insight, and advisory services in the world. We deliver oil and gas databases and software, energy transition insight, energy supply and demand forecasts, and comprehensive data on transactions at the global and regional market levels.
The Impact: The CCUS Project Researcherr functions as a key member of S&P Global’s agile and expanding Vantage Asset Valuation team. This role will enable you to contribute significantly to the firm’s expertbuild and develop research and analysisS&P Global’s modelling of global CCUS projects and meet the demanding requirements of a wide-ranging customer base in the upstream and ESG space.
What’s in it for you: By working alongside an exciting global team of experienced engineers, economists and emissions researchers you will become a subject matter expert on CCUS projects valuation. You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge around the wider upstream industry as it, and S&P Global, adapts and evolves with the energy transition. You will be at the cutting edge of knowledge for the upstream energy transition, putting you in a position to affect change, drive exciting new projects and become a key contact for global CCUS projects, for both internal and external customers.
- Lead the research and development for the modelling of global CCUS projects.
- Provide research and engineering judgement to help design and build S&P Global’s approach to modelling CCUS projects for valuation purposes.
- Provide subject matter expertise on key CCUS components, notably related to volumes, projects costs and technologies.
- Work in close co-operation with colleagues and product management teams to help define what type of results and analysis customers want to see. Contribute to the continual development of the Vantage product and its relevant CCUS functionality.
- Support an exacting customer base by responding to questions of various complexity and by providing deep subject matter expertise, timely insight, and good judgement.
- Stay abreast of current/hot topics and contribute to written/published products to broaden and build upon subject matter knowledge.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in an CCUS related scientific, numerical or engineering discipline.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of CCUS projects, in particular their infrastructure and engineering components.
- Detailed understanding of the energy transition landscape, with a particular focus on the evolution of technology, carbon abatement options and fiscal legislation.
- A good understanding of discounted cashflow modelling and the key inputs required for oil and gas asset valuation.
- Engineering experience, in particular relating to oil and gas facilities and their relevant emissions would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with CO2 Storage Resources Management System (SRMS) guidelines would be beneficial.
- Highly numerical and analytical with expert level proficiency in Excel. VBA coding and experience of data science techniques would be beneficial.
- Experience in a similar role and with an oil and gas operator, consulting, advisory or financial institution.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)Job ID:
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom