S&P Global Commodity Insights
The Role: Upstream Oil and Gas Research Geoscientist, 14-month contract
S&P Global is looking for a Geoscientist to join its Europe upstream technical research team to cover upcoming parental leaves.
The Team: Upstream Solutions from S&P Global Commodity Insights comprise some of the most extensive and complete information, analytics, insight, and advisory services in the world. We deliver oil and gas databases and software, energy transition insight, energy supply and demand forecasts, and comprehensive data on transactions at the global and regional market levels.
The Impact: The Upstream Research Geoscientist functions as an important member of S&P Global’s Europe upstream technical research team. This role will enable you to contribute to the firm’s expert research and analysis of upstream activity and meet the demanding requirements of a wide-ranging customer base in the upstream sector.
What’s in it for you:
- You will gain experience of working in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- By working alongside a team of experienced researchers and editors you will gain a solid understanding of the upstream industry in Europe and the key trends that underpin it.
- You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge around the wider upstream industry as it, and S&P Global, adapts and evolves with the energy transition.
- Undertake extensive research relating to a range of upstream activity including seismic, drilling and prospect evaluation and analysis.
- Source, review and share information with the wider research team to support key workflows and improve our regional data.
- Provide support to key data projects within the regional team.
- Perform basic editorial tasks, updating a range of articles ensuring that they conform to global publishing standards.
- The role will potentially include elements of presenting internally.
What We’re Looking For:
- Geoscience or Earth Science Degree or equivalent, with a particular focus on Petroleum Geology.
- One or more years’ experience in an upstream geology/geoscience related position within a petroleum operating or service company is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and experience of exploration activity and process is desirable.
- You will need excellent research and analytical skills with attention to detail and be a confident communicator with the team.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level: (relevant for internal applicants only): SPGI Level 9
The Location: Tetbury
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)Job ID:
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom