S&P Global Commodity Insights
The Role: Energy Company Analyst
The Team: Upstream Solutions from S&P Global Commodity Insights comprise some of the most extensive and complete information, analytics, insight, and advisory services in the world. We deliver oil and gas databases and software, energy transition insight, energy supply and demand forecasts, and comprehensive data on transactions at the global and regional market levels.
The Impact: The Energy Company Analyst functions as a key member of S&P Global’s Vantage Asset Valuation team. This role will enable you to contribute significantly to the firm’s expert research, analysis and benchmarking of global upstream companies and meet the demanding requirements of a wide-ranging customer base across the upstream industry.
What’s in it for you: By working alongside an exciting global team of experienced researchers, engineers, and economists, you will become a subject matter expert on the upstream industry and the companies that underpin it. You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge around the wider upstream industry as it, and S&P Global, adapts and evolves with the energy transition. You will become a key stakeholder, for both internal and external customers, focusing on the research of major upstream company portfolios.
- Undertake extensive research relating to upstream companies and specific upstream projects.
- Work as part of a global team to contribute to the valuation of oil and gas assets, modelling company portfolios and updating key asset valuation models.
- Review, digest and analyze oil and gas company reports in order to benchmark, improve and align asset valuation outputs.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of company and financial reporting standards, become a subject matter export on key oil and gas companies.
- Coordinate with global research teams to share findings, update models and improve global data.
- Engage with data science to automate processes and workflows.
What We’re Looking For:
- Educated to Degree or Master’s level in an industry related scientific, numerical or engineering discipline. Geoscience, Geology or Petroleum Engineering is highly preferred
- An interest in the Geoscience/Energy industry.
- A good understanding of the key components involved in upstream asset modelling and valuation.
- An understanding of field development planning, project cost estimation, drilling activity and production forecasting would be beneficial.
- A good understanding of the commercial and strategic aspects of the upstream business.
- An understanding of petroleum fiscal regimes and commodity pricing would be highly beneficial.
- You are comfortable synthesizing, digesting, and visualizing large datasets.
- You are a self-motivated individual who can work autonomously or well within a virtual team.
- You have a great eye for detail and ability to showcase data/trends.
- You possess strong communication skills and an ability to communicate findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong quantitative skills including advanced MS Excel.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Spotfire, PowerBI) or data visualization packages. Knowledge of SQL and/or Python beneficial.
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applications only): SPGI Level 7 // INFO – Associate (3)
The Location: Tetbury, UK
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
RESECH203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)Job ID:
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom