1. Monitor and record all plant conditions.
2. Maintain a clean and orderly appearance of the plant and all related spaces. (I.e., work bench/tools, control room, all mechanical rooms, and spaces.
3. Observes and adjusts a wide variety of mechanical machines and devices in operation to assure proper operation, including pumps, engines, motors, compressors, chillers and boiler equipment.
4. Perform simple routine maintenance chores including testing safeties, lubricating/greasing pumps, motors air compressors, filter and oil changes, tube brushing, painting, etc.
5. Maintain equipment logs and inventories of all plant tools, equipment, spare parts and supplies.
6. Communicate with the operator/mechanic on watch and notify him/her of any possible condition that may impede plant operation or endanger the welfare of (but not limited to) the building’s occupants.
7. Perform repairs and overhauls on plant related equipment such as waterpumps, hot water tanks, vacuum systems, boiler tubes, etc.
8. Other duties as assigned by supervision.