National Grid is hiring a Senior Analyst for our New England Gas Pricing department, position is based in Massachusetts. This is a Hybrid role.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As a Senior Analyst on the New England (NE) Gas Pricing team, you will be responsible for supporting revenue recovery by the gas operating company in Massachusetts through obtaining regulatory approval of a variety of rates and charges. Initially you will provide support to other members of the team having the role of an Expert Company witness. As you progress in your role, you will eventually serve in the role of an Expert Company witness in support of various proposals before the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities.
You will also be responsible for administering tariffs, responding to discovery in various regulatory proceedings, responding to ad hoc requests for analyses, and preparing/submitting various filings as needed for regulatory approval.
You will be an integral stakeholder in communicating changes in rates and charges to a wide variety of internal stakeholders, resulting in the billing of customers, communications to employees and customers of such changes to rates and charges, and consulted in the application of these rates, charges, terms, and conditions pursuant to our tariffs to advise on their application in a consistent and non-discriminatory manner. You will also be responsible for various analyses requested by internal and external stakeholders in support of company strategy and objectives.
- Participate in the development of studies and analyses to support tariff and pricing proposals in the context of general rate cases, comprehensive rate plan filings, tariff administration proceedings and other regulatory proceedings that result in approximately $2.1 billion in annual revenue for the Massachusetts gas operating companies.
- Participate in the development of studies and analyses to support new rate and/or service offerings, and changes to and periodic updates of existing tariffs and terms and conditions for service.
- Participate in the development of studies and analyses for various regulatory proceedings addressing the transition to an energy system with an increasing amount of clean energy.
- Prepare written and oral testimony and analyses in support of regulatory filings as a Company witness or in support of other company witnesses.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of regulatory reports in accordance with mandatory state reporting requirements.
- Collate information from CSS (Customer Service System), PageCenter, SAP, and Mainframe and other applicable information systems, where appropriate, and perform regular analyses.
- Provide tariff interpretations and guidance to Company personnel as required.
- Act as the first point of contact for field and customer interface personnel regarding the interpretation of regulatory and tariff policies in order to provide support and to ensure policies are applied consistently.
- Respond to requests for information from senior management, regulators, customers and other internal and external parties related to tariff filings, rates and tariff administration.
- Communicate information regarding regulatory directives and rate and tariff implementation issues to numerous departments, including working closely with Information Technology and Customer Billing to ensure the proper implementation of new rates.
- Analyze, develop and respond to requests from customer representatives and the jurisdictions about the appropriate interpretation and application of tariffs.
- Provide data, ad hoc analyses and analytical support to other departments, as requested.
- Provide assistance to other Pricing personnel as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, engineering or related field. An advanced degree is preferable.
- Three – five plus years of related experience, forecasting, finance, or accounting. Experience with in utility rates, gas or electric supply is desirable.
- Strong computer and data management skills.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Proficient in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to work independently or in groups to achieve objectives.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner, displaying both listening and verbal skills.
- Ability to comprehend, reason, draw logical connections, and form conclusions and communicate those abilities in a clear and concise way.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- A self-starter; shows self-initiative.
$88,000 - $103,000 a year
Salary commensurate with location and experience
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.