At National Grid, we value every walk of life. We work hard to create a work environment where everyone has the chance to voice their opinions. Because we know that having different perspectives makes us stronger – not weaker. It’s how we constantly and continuously push innovation and strive to create a better future for everyone.
Location: Worcester, MA
Union: BUW 330
National Grid is seeking Temporary Meter Service Representatives. We are a major electricity and gas delivery company with one of the largest electricity transmission and distribution systems in the Northeast.
- All meter reading activities EMR, AMR, skips/erts/special reads, verify meter numbers and information, MV90/Dap reads, etc.
- Upload/Download meter reading data as required.
- Shut off meters as trained and qualified.
- Field collection activity.
- Install/Remove/Cut security locks and/or rings as needed to complete field work assigned.
- General shop work (e.g. Housekeeping, junking, shipping, deliveries/pickups, etc.)
- Assist in 2-person assignments as needed.
- Driving is a significant portion of the workday.
- Wire down appraisal.
- May be required to handle substances considered hazardous under the U.S. Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Law or the Massachusetts Right to Know Law.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Retain a valid Motor Vehicle License which does not restrict driving as to type of transmission or hours of operation.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Capable of learning fundamental electricity and meter wiring.
- The physical ability to walk long distances and climb stairs without undue fatigue.
- Suitable personality and appearance for customer contact is necessary.
- Ability to safely operate Company vehicles, tools and equipment as required.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and work extended hours as needed.
- Successful applicant must pass the Field Aptitude Test prior to being considered for interview.
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.