Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring an Engineering Manager, Power Plants. This position is located in Hicksville, NY.
• The Engineering Manager, Power Plants is the single point of authority to assure all aspects of assigned projects are integrated and performed in a timely manner to achieve successful completion.
• Has overall responsibility for all assigned projects, including emergency repairs, major overhauls and capital improvement work at various generating facilities.
• Must be able to provide technical expertise in all operational areas including turbine generator, boiler, electrical, balance of plant and structural areas to ensure high quality and reliable improvements are provided by all physical work groups.
• Responsible for the performance of all MSD personnel as well as contractors and site personnel on assigned projects
• Directs project preplanning, work execution and system start-up through subordinates in such a manner as to maximize efficiency, reduce project duration and maintenance control
• Obtain commitments for all functional aspects of the Project and assure they are performed in accordance with the project plan
• Develop a detailed report of work performed by all parties. Identify future work recommendations, manpower and budget analysis, productivity review with recommendations for future improvements
• Must be available for immediate consultations by subordinates beyond normal work hours
• On a rotating basis, acts as a Division Standby Supervisor who responds to after hours request for maintenance assistance
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
• Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills.
• In-depth knowledge of scheduling, cost control, project management techniques, turbine generator maintenance, labor relations and contractor work practices is required.
• Knowledge and a good working understanding is required in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, machine design, computers, electrical circuits and metallurgy.
• A Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required preferably in mechanical or electrical.
• Seven to ten years of power plant operations experience in multiple positions is required.
$166,000 - $195,000 a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.