DIVISION OVERVIEW - RISK
The Risk Division identifies, anticipates, measures and mitigates - whenever appropriate - the diverse array of risks that the firm faces in serving clients and operating its global businesses.
Risk professionals focus on giving the firm clarity on the risk profile of our activities and devise strategies to protect the firm’s ability to serve our clients as a leader in global financial markets. Teams play a critical function for the firm, driving how the firm takes and manages risk. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
We are at the forefront of the most recent engineering solutions, including data and analytical solutions to efficiently produce timely and insightful risk analysis JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Within the Risk division, the Risk Engineering (RE) department’s mandate is to provide robust metrics, data-driven insights, and effective technologies for best-in-class risk management. Analytics & Reporting (A&R) is a multidiscipline RE team with primary responsibility for such data-driven insights; the team is at the cutting edge of our businesses, with strong traditions of risk management, engineering excellence, client service and career development opportunities for our people.
Within A&R, Liquidity Risk Analytics and Reporting team (LRAR) is responsible for analyzing, explaining, and reporting metrics used for managing the liquidity risk of the firm. The set of metrics include the internally developed liquidity stress tests as well as the one mandated by regulators such as Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) or Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR).
LRAR professionals answer real-world risk management questions through a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods as part of the core value proposition of the Risk division which balances our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. Key Responsibilities
- Identify, design, and implement the best means of delivering risk information through compelling narratives, tools, and visualizations to increase understanding and awareness of risk
- Innovate and design new analytics and visuals, leveraging internal and external programming languages and software
- Use finance, economics, mathematics, programming, and logical thinking to find solutions to a broad range of problems, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Quantitative application to storytelling leveraging Risk Engineering processes to maximize significance, quality, efficiency, speed, and reliability while ensuring clear accountability and attribution
- Perform anomaly detections in large data sets, investigating the cause and recommending corrective actions
- Engage with colleagues around the global, across divisions and with external stakeholders of the firm, such as regulators and rating agencies
- Delivering liquidity risk insights through verbal, written and interactive digital content to key stakeholders both internal and external to the firm
- Work in close collaboration with bankers, traders and portfolio managers as well as risk modelers and technology across the firm
- Approximately 5 or more years of experience within a risk management role or other financial institutions.
- Experience in Liquidity Risk, Treasury or Asset Liability Management is a big plus.
- Must be able to provide direction, training, motivation and career development coaching to an engaged and diverse local team
- Must foster a collaborative team environment with an open communication culture
- Technology aptitude and programming skills are a plus
- Experience of risk measurement and/or the delivery of regulatory projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience or keen interest to develop expertise in Liquidity risk and risk calculation methodologies
- Interest in financial markets and risk management, motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships remotely with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to work independently, form own judgment/opinions, provide insights and drive change
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity