- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 2 years of experience in program management.
- Experience with the android platform and ecosystem.
- 2 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience in building Automation infrastructure/Test scripts on iOS/Android and other Mobile platforms.
- Influencing and stakeholder management skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Technical Program Manager for Privacy Sandbox on Android, you lead complex and cross-functional business growth impacting programs. You will work with Product, Engineering and other stakeholders to drive end-to-end program strategy and execution.
In this role, collaborating with our engineering teams you will help define, drive and implement the next generation of infrastructure and engineering productivity, system health, and performance solutions. You will have a huge impact on system health, performance and reliability of software and it's integration and adoption with first-party and third-party partners.You will collaborate in design, develop, test, launch, ramp components/tools and infrastructure, with a focus on quality, system health, engineering productivity and infrastructure.
The Privacy Sandbox initiative aims to create technologies that both protect people's privacy online and give companies and developers tools to build thriving digital businesses. Our team is dedicated to strengthening the Web and Android platform against tracking and fingerprinting, while also developing new privacy-preserving APIs to support personalization and measurement on the web. We are committed to collaborating with stakeholders in the industry to develop and implement viable, alternative solutions in a way that protects the privacy of users while also ensuring the continued vitality of the web.
- Manage a portfolio of complex projects and workstreams, and responsible for overall program strategy, governance, operating model and program operations.
- Use leadership, product and technical judgment to drive program delivery, working closely with engineering, product management, UX and other partner teams.
- Navigate multiple, interdependent work streams, functional and technical concepts, and conversations across different areas and stakeholders to drive collaboration and consensus.
- Lead the creation of integrated timelines and schedules, track the progress, manage dependencies, proactively identify and communicate risks, and identify mitigations.
- Be responsible for program scoping, planning, creating and managing integrated schedules, setting milestones, and program tracking.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form