- Certification in ISO Lead Auditor (e.g., ISO 9001, 50001, 14001, 45001, etc.).
- Typically 5 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience with mission critical safety environments.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google Data Centers makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures on the planet. The Environmental, Health and Safety program enables compliance and safety excellence in design, construction, commissioning, deployment, and operations of Google owned and third-party data centers at scale.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and continuously improving upon our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Assurance Program in the Europe region. You will provide expert skills in comprehensive audits and investigations, identifying and assessing risks for new operational models and infrastructure, and preparing presentations/audit reports to communicate findings to executive leadership.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Learn and adapt to changes in EHS assurance principles, practices, and relevant regulations and standards (i.e., ISO 9001, ISO 50001, ISO 14001, RCMS, ISO 45001).
- Work closely and effectively with other departments, such as Legal, operations, vendors, and third-parties to gather information, close audit findings, and address issues.
- Communicate the results of assurance activities (i.e., risks, controls, and findings) to stakeholders in a clear, consistent, and compelling manner.
- Conduct and follow up on emerging or known EHS risks by scheduling and planning assessments, conducting assessments/audits, and reporting and managing results.
- Evaluate EHS risks across the lifecycle of technical infrastructure, evaluate controls that mitigate risks, and collaborate with stakeholders to propose and gain alignment to prevent these risks from materializing.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form