- Typically 2 years of experience developing business strategies or managing cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience with thought leadership in strategic projects that have a tangible impact on business operations across international markets.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to take complex, ambitious topics and create compelling narratives for different audiences.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to drive impact in a fast-paced environment.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
gTech’s Extended Workforce Solutions (xWS) team enables different product areas to effectively and efficiently scale their extended workforce operations while managing risk. Our goal is to enable our businesses to make informed decisions to put the right talent in the right locations. Our partnership with teams across Google aims to provide an excellent user experience and minimize administrative burden throughout the extended workforce process.
The Solutions Design team is a team of strategic, cross-functional thinkers that understand product area needs including risks and operational constraints and rethink extended workforce solutions within vertical teams. Additionally, the team incubates, pilots, and rolls-out large-scale transformations and leads change management across the organization.
- Enhance customer experience when working with Extended Workforce Solutions throughout the lifecycle of an extended workforce member.
- Use data to show effectiveness of implementation, including customer satisfaction enhancements.
- Lead implementation on concurrent, large-scale initiatives from start to finish.
- Lead large-scale change management efforts across Alphabet, working with cross-functional teams to gather stakeholder information to create change management plans to minimize operational disruption.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form