Please complete your application before 22nd of March for a September 2024 start.
How to apply:
Step 1: At Google, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. With this in mind, please answer the following questions:
Why are you interested in a Software Development apprenticeship at Google?
What are you most excited about in the Software Engineering space? Why?
Tell us about your background and experiences (e.g. volunteer work/club participation/extracurricular activities) and how they make you unique.
How have you learned about the tech space?
Step 2: Click on the “Apply Now” button on this page to provide the following required materials:
In the “Resume Section” attach a resume, motivational letter, and answers to the short questions.
In the “Education Section” attach a current unofficial or official transcript if applicable.
- A-Level or equivalent qualification in one or more subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
- Experience with coding in any programming language(s).
- Ability to communicate in English fluently.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team framework.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, proactive, self-motivated, positive attitude, and strong problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice where appropriate.
About the job
As part of this 24-month apprenticeship, you will join Engineering teams and will be assigned a manager and a host. You’ll start with a 16-week bootcamp with our training partner, Makers. You will spend around 20% of your time in off-the-job learning, and the rest can include rotations through multiple teams.
You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Googlers to solve problems (e.g., exposure to coding, development, testing, and project management). You’ll learn how to apply problem solving skills to challenges, pick up new technical skills (e.g., programming in multiple languages, learn about software testing and other industry practices), and see how software is designed and developed.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Support your team in the development of software based on agreed projects and platforms.
- Learn and implement Google software development standards.
- Understand Google's coding guidelines to deliver production quality code with the assistance of your tech-lead.
- Ensure code is tested in accordance with the guidelines provided by the team or your host.
- Undertake and complete training and follow mentoring as specified.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form