- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in project and facilities management.
- Experience managing multiple projects with geographically dispersed, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Certification in Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing (MEP) discipline.
- Experience as a supervisor/manager with an assigned technical team.
- Ability to communicate in English fluently.
About the job
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As a master of exceptional practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Provide effective shift leadership for successful critical system troubleshooting, unit commissioning, repairs/replacements with little to no supervision in quality, quantity, and timeliness as assigned.
- Operate critical plant equipment as authorized by facilities manager.
- Provide coordination/input for global facilities programs.
- Respond to critical data center events and alarms in accordance with Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and be responsible for being a point of escalation on operational issues.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form