- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 8 years of experience in product design or UX.
- Master's degree in HCI, Design, UX, or a related field.
- Experience in conversational design and interface, enterprise, and AI/ML.
- Experience applying Interaction Design to solve product challenges.
- Experience with design sensibilities and process.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and storytelling skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
About the job
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll address complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
In Google Search, we're reimagining what it means to search for information – any way and anywhere. To do that, we need to solve complex engineering challenges and expand our infrastructure, while maintaining a universally accessible and useful experience that people around the world rely on. In joining the Search team, you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on billions of people globally.
- Create experiences for Search premium users that meet and redefine user needs.
- Develop wireframes, flows, and decks to further the work of the team and user experience.
- Work and collaborate to ensure cohesive experiences across Search Premium, Search overall, and with Product and Engineering team partners to deliver great experiences.
- Influence UX work and requirements in other related Google experiences to further the Search Premium mission.
- Manage opportunities for cross-team improvements on frameworks and processes.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form