At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The GCR team is part of EY’s Exceptional Delivery Growth Engine (EDGE). The EDGE is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 500+ talented EDGE professionals are based in 22 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
The Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team comprises over 230 dynamic individuals spread across 16 countries and more than 31 offices. We have specialist tax and finance skill sets spanning the areas of Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting, Service Management, Indirect Tax, Statutory Reporting, Finance BPO, Funds Tax Management, and Payroll. We focus on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally, and delivering on their transformation agendas. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
Our Multinational Tax Accounting, Reporting and Compliance team work closely with the client group tax function, acting as the primary point of contact and developing trusted business relationships across the account. We provide clients with global tax insights from their direct tax data across countries, major legislative and business changes which need to be planned for and tax opportunities which could deliver value. Our unique position enables the team to build a wide network across EY service lines and countries as they bring together all of the EY services and expertise available to meet their client needs. Our team work exclusively on large, multi-country compliance engagements, providing the opportunity to work with some of EY’s most complex corporate clients and giving a continued opportunity to learn and develop. The opportunity
Join our fast-growing GCR team as a Tax Reporting Senior Manager. The role will give you the opportunity to work on EY’s largest multi-country client engagements in a tax accounting and direct tax capacity. The opportunity is for an individual with experience of group tax reporting (IFRS and / or US GAAP) to provide Group Tax Accounting/ reporting services. You will assist clients in their quarterly and/ or annual reporting process and have the opportunity to grow a tax accounting book of business.
The tax accounting portfolio will be complimented by multi-country direct tax portfolio where you will be the client’s primary point of contact. You will be sharing insights from their direct tax data across countries, major legislative changes which need to be planned for and tax opportunities which could deliver value. You will be supported by a diverse team from graduates to partners, working on clients together to deliver insight and value.
It's an exciting time for tax professionals as the tax landscape continues to change, most recently the introduction of the BEPS 2.0 Pillar Two Framework is expected to have a significant impact on multinational groups globally. As part of the EDGE GCR team, you will be at the forefront of understanding the impact of these changes on our business and our clients and will have the opportunity to work within a cross- service line team to help/ lead technical discussions with internal/ external stakeholders on BEPS Pillar Two areas of focus - particularly:
Your key responsibilities
- Preparation of impact assessment models and gap-fit analysis based on the client ERP and tax accounting/ reporting system
- Preparation of BEPS Pillar Two provision based on the client tax accounting reporting process at Group level
- Support with compliance solution and other business development activities
- Delivery of outsource provision and compliance services for BEPS Pillar Two
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing account resourcing, budget and delivery
- Leading pursuits including BEPS Pillar Two
- Building & managing client accounts and relationships
- Developing onshore/ offshore team for BEPS Pillar Two delivery
- Identifying opportunities on new and existing clients
- Review & sign off on tax reporting packages
- Set and deliver the strategy for client engagements
- Connecting our clients to EY subject matter specialists
- Maintaining quality standards
- Developing and coaching the team
- Escalation for client and EY teams
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience in US GAAP and / or IFRS tax accounting provisions/projects
- Good understanding of BEPS Pillar Two - OECD GloBE Framework
- Corporate income tax experience (any country or countries)
- Track record of managing teams
- Strong communication skills and experience working with multi-country teams
- An ability to distil complex concepts into simple high-level messages
- Organized with an ability to deliver tax accounting in a short timeframe
- Experience coaching and developing junior staff
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to manage budgets and time to deliver a quality output
- Accounting or tax qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA/CPA qualified or equivalent
- Strong tax accounting skills and working technical knowledge on ASC 740 and / or IAS 12 framework
- Good experience in tax accounting packages and good excel skills
- Agile to the changing client environment and can provide quality deliverable under a tight timeline
- Degree qualified
- Experience in corporate tax
- Working knowledge on Withholding tax process and accounting
- Experience providing tax services to a portfolio of clients
- Proactive and able to identify opportunities for business development
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to develop and coach team members
What we look for
- Project management skills, plan and priorities work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
We are looking for individuals with a transformative mindset, people who can see past what we do today and dream up what we could do tomorrow. We want people who communicate well, work as part of a team and drive their responsibilities through to completion. What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.