Are you an experienced Software Engineer?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment continually looking to evolve?
Are you looking for an opportunity to support and develop digital products across the civil service?
We’re looking for outstanding Software Engineers, who want to contribute to demanding and exciting digital services for the UK Government.
Be part of changing the face of public services with the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
Our Engineers to build and run applications as part of a multi-functional agile delivery team.
What really excites the successful candidate is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users.
The candidate will be expected to draw value from collaboration with others, actively seek input from colleagues and value a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
As part of the application process, you will be required to upload your CV, which must have no reference to your personal details, please see Selection Process details for more information.
Software Engineers are skilled working level engineers responsible for ensuring best practices are adhered to across the department and working with the team to deliver quality software products.
You will assist in the design of software products and infrastructure that make up our services in collaboration with architects and senior engineers. With a focus on operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability, and quality. You will be accountable for the code your teams produce.
As a Software Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not restricted to, the following:
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary agile team responsible for turning concepts into production-ready services.
• Responsible for building performant systems that can handle large traffic, data processing pipelines and large data sets.
• Write, share and review quality test-driven code, using modern frameworks and development techniques.
• Responsible for integrating with other services and data sources, working with cross-functional teams to ensure services are built to high standards.
• Responsible for ensuring that the implementation of services/solutions is adhered to approved designs.
During the application process, you are required to meet the following Essential Criteria:
• Developing on cloud based environments like AWS and Azure.
• A good understanding of TDD and BDD.
• SQL and noSQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB.
• The skills and experience to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support CI/CD
• Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures.
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.