Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: EmployeeIT Finance Analyst LeedsPermanent (Hybrid)The opportunity
QBE Europe is looking to recruit an IT Finance Analyst to join the growing IT Finance Team. As an IT Finance Analyst, you will be required to provide accurate reporting and analysis of all Technology Spend across different portfolios and cost centre owners. You will be assisting in the control of IT finances through the monthly IT cost centre reviews, to include supporting budget holders and stakeholders through performing and maintaining processes including financial control, reporting, and providing an accurate budget vs. forecast analysis of their spend.Your new role
- Maintain the project financial trackers, and help drive the finance conversations and agenda.
- Responsible for the project accounting of multi-million pound projects.
- Engage with a wide spectrum of project managers to help them manage project spend within approved limits.
- Help drive the right governance conversations to include engaging pro-actively with the Transformation Office.
- Ensure alignment of reporting with internal and external requirements (cost centre managers through to high level mgmt.)
- Summarising business plans process across projects, including the production of budgets and re-forecasts, to ensure all cost management controls and targets are incorporated.
- Managing queries in relation to actuals, plan, and expense movements
- General accounting queries on treatment of Licenses, FAR, Leases, balance sheet management (prepayments, accruals, WIP, Amortization schedules
- Reconciliation of month end journals and reconciliations prepared by the GSSC.
- Work closely with the GSSC team to ensure the accurate reconciliation of Technology expenses and global recharges.
- Ability to partner with a diverse range of stakeholders from different backgrounds to help achieve regional outcomes.
- Support the finance manager role, across the various spend areas, to help with financial control
- Build strong working relationships with cost centre managers to ensure the required level of cooperation and support is achieved and maintained.
- Build networks with other key internal stakeholders and external suppliers, to promote and support high quality vendor management.
- Help support monthly CAPEX/OPEX reporting within project financial trackers.
- Provide ad hoc P&L/Cash financial reporting to both the global finance team and business partners.
- Challenge individual IT cost centre owners on all aspects of financial management in order to support robust analysis of IT spend.
- Support senior management in the preparation and analysis of budgets, costs, forecast, and supplier category spend for use in ad hoc projects and initiatives.
- Drive controls and financial management activities for the group including and not limited to depreciation, amortization, and accrual results.
- Monitor ‘Risk and Opportunities’ as they arise and forward plan through day-to-day expense management practices.
- Monitor benefit management and realization activities for projects.
- Actively undertake personal development to gain/refresh skills, knowledge, and capabilities.
- Previous experience in front to back financial analysis required. Including bottoms up planning, forecasting and chargeback analysis.
- Create an environment of inclusion and participate in a collaborative team.
- Develop key partnerships with onshore and offshore functional support teams to achieve results and deliver objectives.
- Act as a point of reference to guide and advise others to ensure the sharing of knowledge and best practice.
- Determine own work priorities and activities in line with agreed plans to ensure the achievement of personal and team objectives.
Why QBE? At My Best
- Previous experience in a project accounting role or similar finance role.
- Can work in a diverse team, with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Advanced Excel experience.
- Part qualified accountant - ACCA or CIMA
- Must have good working knowledge of the general ledger.
- Good experience of working with stakeholders and project managers across the business.
- Process mapping experience and reconciliation skills essential.
- Strong experience of working and communicating with suppliers, finance and IT functions.
- Experience of providing consolidated project finance reports
- Must have the ability to explain any variances to the Finance Manager
- Ability to produce value you add reports
- Ability to work on own initiative, especially when reconciliations are not showing the desired results.
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that’s why we have created “At My Best”. It’s our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage.
That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It’s in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. #LI-Hybrid
Some of the award’s QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include. Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent. Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor’s A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange,
QBE’s gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty, and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium, and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.