- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Public Policy, Finance, Technology, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading cross-functional infrastructure and real estate development teams.
- Experience negotiating or supporting the structuring of bilateral agreements, and managing projects and timelines.
- Experience leading a team in delivering industrial scale infrastructure, real estate development, and third-party data center management.
- Ability to manage site selection work in existing jurisdictions and collaborate with EMEA site selection negotiators.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various partner teams such as Energy Negotiators, Site Selection Negotiators, Data Center Construction, and Engineering teams.
About the job
Google's infrastructure needs go far beyond server racks. As Google's products and services scale to serve billions, the Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for Google's future -- everything from underwater cables to data center space. As a Strategic Negotiator, you combine your deep market knowledge with tech industry savvy to negotiate cost-effective solutions to support Google's growth. You'll work with specific project teams on negotiating deals, managing vendor and partner relationships and presenting deal recommendations to our leadership. Your successful negotiations have the potential to impact every part of the business and save Google millions of dollars in operating costs. You'll manage a team who negotiates significant deals to ensure Google receives contract compliance and cost-effective solutions. You'll lead project teams on special deals, manage vendor relationships and present deal recommendations to Google leadership.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage a team of Strategic Negotiators in the management and execution of data center infrastructure asset acquisition, development, and expansions.
- Provide the Central and Southern European sub-regional team with leadership, negotiation guidance, commercial reviews, and execution of commercial development.
- Maintain alignment of Central and Southern European sub-regional team execution with ELS Centers of Expertise (CoEs) on standards, guardrails, and templates, as well as with Google Data Centers services.
- Manage relationships with internal teams/stakeholders involved in Data Center capacity delivery in the region (e.g., ELS stakeholders, FEP, DCS, ExE, DC-Supply planning etc.).
- Maintain in depth market knowledge of the EMEA region including policy related issues, capacity alternatives and potential issues impacting on-going Data Center operations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form