- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 2 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
- Typically 2 years of experience with data structures or algorithms.
- Experience with Android application development and with programming in Kotlin.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical fields.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Android and/or WebKit.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Android App Architecture team is responsible for defining best practices and building libraries and guidance to write scalable Android applications. Much of our focus is on ensuring that our libraries and guidance work effectively with Jetpack Compose and Kotlin Multiplatform.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Participate in or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Write APIs to simplify difficult problems.
- Impact state-of-the-art Android development.
- Ensure that Google´s libraries and guidance work effectively with Jetpack Compose and Kotlin Multiplatform.
- Extensively test code and ideas, working closely with external developers.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form