Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 8 years of experience in software development, and with data structures/algorithms.
- Typically 5 years of experience testing, and launching software products, and 3 years of experience with software design and architecture.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, a technical related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Candidates will typically have 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Typically 3 years of experience working in an organization involving cross-functional or cross-business projects.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Android Mainline team aims to improve freshness of the Android ecosystem by updating parts of the operating systems (OS) on all devices. This requires breaking the OS into modules that can be updated independently of the rest of Android.
The Android mainline modularization team enables the modularization of Android, to allow modules to be updated frequently and safely. We support teams who create, own and maintain mainline modules to develop, build and update their code. We work across many areas of the Android platform, addressing many of the challenges that arise from using the platform in ways that it was not originally designed for.
The Platforms and Ecosystems product area encompasses Google's various computing software platforms across environments (desktop, mobile, applications). The products provide enterprises, and ultimately end users, the ability to utilize and manage their services at scale. We build innovative and compelling software products—from apps to TVs, from laptops to phones—that have an impact on people’s lives across the world.
- Work on the build, tools, APIs, and documentation to support module authors.
- Solve vague or ambiguous problems.
- Work with other teams across Android to implement feature in code.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance large scale software solutions.
- Facilitate alignment and clarity across teams on goals, outcomes, and timelines.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form