- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with Leading Cloud Platforms
- Experience in managing, scaling, and running technical consulting or professional services organizations using a data driven approach
- Experience with design and deployment of compute, storage, and networking cloud services in the context of migrations
- Experience in account management, client service and/or management consulting, and working with channel partners, systems integrators, and third-party developers to deliver successful solutions
- Experience in setting up foundations, automation, and platforms with cloud-based enterprise solutions
- Knowledge of frameworks, methodology, and tooling for cloud foundations and platform engineering
- Demonstrated ability to present technical materials effectively to diverse stakeholder groups, and to engage effectively with senior executives of large enterprises on both technical and non-technical matters
- Ability to work effectively with a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team and customer base
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You listen to the customer and swiftly problem-solve technical issues to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Cloud business and helping companies around the world innovate.
As the Head of Infrastructure, you'll be responsible for a team of Consultants and Strategic Cloud Engineers that ensure customers and partners get the best advice and assistance as they onboard and set-up their platform foundations on Google Cloud. You'll lead and mentor a team, contribute to delivery work, and establish lasting customer relationships by providing customers with technical and project management leadership which aligns directly to their larger business objectives. You'll also be responsible for ensuring quality for all Professional Services (PSO) engagements, maintaining field sales team relationships, and ultimately the success of our customers.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Take a leading role in structuring, planning, and executing the largest and most complex onboarding and platform creation projects in UK and Ireland.
- Guide our customers and partners to achieve their cloud business and technical outcomes.
- Develop a diverse team of Consultants and Engineers focusing on onboarding, automation, networking, compute, storage, and platform creation.
- Influence the Google Cloud technology roadmap by taking customer and partner feedback to our product engineering teams.
- Help sell large-scale migration projects by providing subject matter expertise.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form