- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in program management.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, managing software projects, and working with product teams across a matrixed organization.
- Experience working cross-functionally and managing multiple, simultaneous tech projects across multiple organizations.
Experience with change management and mobile feature development.
- Experience with led compliance, client infrastructure or platform engineering programs, building, and driving continuous improvement on operational excellence processes such as launch reviews, new project intake and decision making, and resource allocations.
- Experience contributing to and guiding the development of technical roadmaps in partnership with engineering and product management teams.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to represent and prepare executive level communication and articulate business or technical concepts to senior leadership.
- Passionate about driving product innovation and excellence, with an ability to challenge timelines and product decisions.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The App and Discovery organization within Search focuses on delivering the mobile search experience on the Google App and Discover platform. Our mission is to provide a flagship, modernized Search and Discover experience, enabling all users to find what they need, see things in full and discover new things, including content that matters to them most.
The Android Google Search App (AGSA) team is responsible for the Android version of the Google App, along with supporting other partner teams who directly contribute to the app code case or integrate with it.
In Google Search, we're reimagining what it means to search for information – any way and anywhere. To do that, we need to solve complex engineering challenges and expand our infrastructure, while maintaining a universally accessible and useful experience that people around the world rely on. In joining the Search team, you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on billions of people globally.
- Use leadership, influence, and a data driven approach to manage risks and proactively identify issues.
- Drive key rhythm of business/operational artifacts and meetings.
- Manage priorities, escalate, resolve roadblocks/conflicts, and facilitate project compromises across a distributed team spanning multiple product areas with competing objectives.
- Exercise good technical judgment and data analysis for driving program insights and be a trusted partner cross-functionally.
- Work effectively across multiple time zones.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form