- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 8 years of experience in software development in Java, C++ or Python.
- Typically 5 years of experience testing, and launching software products, and 3 years of experience with software design and architecture.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects.
- Experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Experience in mobile architecture and Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
- Experience in designing APIs.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Private Compute Core is a rapidly growing infrastructure, with an ever raising privacy/security bar. Infrastructure has to rapidly change and allow for quick iterations for feature teams. We are helping launch high-visibility features regularly including Live Translate, Smart Dictation, On-device search, and many more.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Build scalable infrastructure for mobile development.
- Gain expertise in privacy, security, system health and reduce the room for accidental mistakes.
- Build scalable infrastructure for mobile development with unique privacy characteristics, enabling engineers to launch features easily.
- Collaborate with multiple teams in Android.
- Lead and guide engineers within and outside the team.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form