Join National Grid’s digital transformation! We are digital creators, continuous learners and daring innovators. We leverage digital innovative ways to create products and catalyze the transformation of National Grid's business units into more agile and digitally native organizations in our shared purpose of bringing energy to life. Come and join us on this incredible journey, We need you!
Joining our Global People Analytics team, you will play an integral role enabling National Grid to keep pace in the rapidly changing energy sector by growing our workforce and organisational capability and empowering our people for great performance. Within our innovative and collaborative team, we appreciate our people, celebrate diversity, cultivate an inclusive environment and have fun too, as we deliver value for National Grid and the communities we serve.
People Analytics is one of the fastest growing HR disciplines. We are responsible for workforce data, reporting, analytics and workforce planning. We provide critical people insights on diversity, talent, recruiting, learning, reward, head count, attrition, among many others where we trend, forecast, translate and communicate people data into actionable insights for our stakeholders and clients.
As a People Analytics Analyst you will translate and communicate people data into insights that will drive decision making relating to all thing’s ‘people’. As the ideal candidate you will have analytical and consultative skills and thrive managing concurrent projects while working within a global team to drive value driven outcomes.
What you'll do
• Contribute in delivering HR analytics capabilities that drive insight and predictability through people and organizational data which enable leadership and decision-making
• Serve as a thought partner to support a wide array of stakeholders and consumers of people analytics on HR data, insights, trends, forecasts and workforce centric issues informed by data
• Utilize analytics providing quantitative findings and other inputs providing trending, forecasting, among other techniques to derive insights and comprehensive recommendations
• Support in delivery of ad-hoc analytics requests applying creative data visualization, and communication that will translate data and subject matter into actionable and consumable insights for stakeholders and clients
• Support delivery of Power Bi solutions as part of our exciting digital transformation to deliver automated people analytics products that will improve standardization, efficiency, team performance and client self-service capability
• Deliver work with strong attention to detail and the utmost judgment and discretion dealing with highly sensitive people data
• Support capability growth, ‘demystifying’ people data and analytics across community of HR Professionals and the Business, developing skills, knowledge and confidence that will enable business planning and decision making to be informed by people data
• Contribute toward the capability growth and performance of our Team by collaborating effectively while contributing to cultivate an inclusive work environment and having some fun too.
What you'll need
• Degree level qualification in a quantitative or Industrial Organizational Psychology, Management Information Systems, Business or Data Analytics or related qualifications
• Prior 2+ years work experience in an Analytics role
• Prior HR Analytics or related experience strongly desired
• Proficient in Excel, ETL tools and techniques, Power BI and/or other reporting data manipulation tools
Technical / Specialist Skills and Experience
• 2+ years’ experience working as a data analyst, or similar role with advanced Excel and Power Point expertise
• Preferred knowledge of Power BI and/or Tableau with SQL, Alteryx expertise
• Experience extracting and manipulating data from large enterprise data platforms and/or HR systems
• Basic understanding of modelling, scenarios and correlations analysis
• Competent at managing ambiguity and a passion for problem solving
• Experience making cohesive reports and structuring data from disparate sources, able to provide data visualization and to message analytics subject matter
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with business stakeholders to discuss and explain analytics to non-technical stakeholders
• Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy of results, especially in times of rapid turn-around needs
• Demonstrated judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
• Practiced at developing working relationships quickly and effectively across an organisation and thriving in a collaborative team environment
• Desire to work for a value driven organization where every day we do the right thing, find a better way and make it happen.
• Entire global HR organization to deliver People Analytics
• Wider global business, US and UK
• US and UK Regulatory organizations
• US and UK Business Services
• Corporate Secretariat and Corporate Affiars
Are you the right fit for this exciting role? You want to learn more about the position and National Grid's ambitious Digital Transformation? Then let's chat!
Our organization follows a hybrid work structure in our service territory (NY & MA and adjacent states) where employees can work remotely or from the office, as needed. Working from the office is encouraged when working on tasks that require a high degree of collaboration. We work with our employees to foster a work schedule that fits your flexible schedule.
At National Grid, we keep the lights on and homes warm. But it’s so much more than that. We keep people connected and society moving. This is no easy feat, and it takes all of us. But National Grid supplies us with the environment to make it happen. As we generate momentum in the energy transition for all, we don’t plan on leaving any of our customers in the dark. But we aren’t looking for external recognition – we already what we do is vital. We’re building a clean, fair and affordable energy future.
$72,000 - $85,000 a year
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.