Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.Remote location: United Kingdom.
Experience in computer science fundamentals (e.g., data structures, algorithms, code analysis) and non-object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience with programming languages (e.g., Java, C#, Python) and Reverse Engineering.
- Experience in cryptographic concepts/implementations and performing scripting on Windows or Unix-based platforms.
- Ability to mentor and train new starters in Google Mandiant.
- Ability to set and balance priorities while incorporating input from adjacent teams/groups (e.g., manage expectations regarding deadlines, delivery, user wants and needs, reconcile resource conflicts).
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to collaborate on significant and/or problems adapting priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent people management, presentation, and communication skills.
- Excellent cross-functional or cross-organizational relationship-building skills.
About the job
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work directly with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You are a recognized expert in at least two security domains and use your leadership skills to manage a team that sets the direction and goals for solving Google-wide problems. You identify fundamental security problems at Google and drives major security improvements in Google infrastructure.
In this role, you will lead one of the largest teams of malware reverse engineers in the world. You will help the team develop new and improve existing tools and technologies, build scalable solutions for automated analysis, and oversee/deliver manual analysis in a timely manner with quality results through leading the malware queues in a leadership role on a rotational basis, as well as assisting in manual analysis of malware artifacts. You will provide pertinent and actionable details in a timely fashion. You will utilize a variety of techniques and tool sets for both static and dynamic methodologies to provide the information to organizations for threat identification, location, and hunting purposes.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form