Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
The Integration Developer designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Collaborates in reviews of specifications, with others as appropriate.Integration Developer London Permanent (Hybrid) The Opportunity
QBE Europe is currently looking to recruiting an integration developer to join our growing Integration development team in London. Integration Developers will be expected to design and build integration solutions to the highest quality. They will work within an Agile delivery team under a scrum master, under the direction of a Product Owner.
Being a member of an agile software delivery team, they will be expected to assist the Senior Integration developer in providing;
Your new Role
- Software deliverables.
- Technical documentation.
- Improving code quality
- Participating in code reviews
- Focus on delivery timelines, self-motivated and deadline-driven including clear and timely communication should a delivery be at risk.
- The adherence of the SDLC including;
- The effective use of version control systems and workflow (e.g. SVN, Git, BitBucket) for both themselves and other developers.
- Code quality including automated unit and system testing.
- The CI / CD pipeline.
- The willingness to constructively challenge the SDLC with a view to improvement.
- To ensure the simplest solution is implemented for a given problem.
- Continuous personal development to learn and master new skills and techniques.
Why QBE? At My Best
- Proven ability to solve complex problems.
- The proven use of technologies including HTML/REST/JSON.
- The proven use of interface definition technologies such as RAML, Swagger and OAS as well as XML, Dataweave, XSLT and XML Schemas
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- The use of version control systems and workflow (e.g. SVN, Git, BitBucket)
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Share leanings with other staff.
- Proven experience in developing Java based integration applications using industry recognised frameworks e.g. MuleESB, Fuse or Spring integration.
- Proven experience in developing high quality software solutions in an agile environment.
- Proven experience of Unit test technologies e.g. Junit and Munit.
- Have experience using build and dependency management technologies e.g. Maven.
- Proven experience of system test technologies e.g. Postman, Newman and SoapUI.
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that’s why we have created “At My Best”. It’s our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage.
That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It’s in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. #LI-Hybrid
Some of the award’s QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include; Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world’s leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor’s A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange,
QBE’s gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.