BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.Enterprise Java Developer
- Apply your technical skills where it counts
- Help GXP continue to expand our footprint worldwide
- Full time role based in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
At Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP), we've experienced significant growth over the past five years. GXP is a small multi-national and multi-cultural team based out of disparate geographical locations where the work culture is akin to a start-up. As an Enterprise Java Developer you will work as part of the International Delivery team bringing new capabilities to our GXP Platform suite of products. Responsibilities include designing and developing proof-of-concept demonstrators, conducting feasibility studies for integration of open source packages, coordinating with other internal GXP teams, technical consulting with third party integrators, creating developer documentation, and general troubleshooting. Objectives of this Role:
A strong candidate may have some, or all, of the following:
- Develop Proofs-of-Concept. Design and rapid prototyping of new capability extensions to existing GXP products which enable new customer opportunities.
- Collaborate with Engineering Teams. Maintain alignment with product engineering teams in US and Malaysia to ensure smooth integration of prototyped capabilities into the commercial baseline.
- Support Integrators. Provide direct support to partner companies that integrate with GXP products. This includes consolation, programming assistance, and creation of technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot Customer Issues. Assist the International Customer Success team in diagnosing and correcting critical problems discovered in the field.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- 3-5 years' direct Java development experience
- Designing and building backend server components
- Selection and integration of open source software packages
- Deployment into modern distributed server architectures
- Integration with Java Script frontend components
- Hands-on experience with
- Scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, and bash
- Workflow engine integration
- Solid understanding of cloud/container-based infrastructures and tooling
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and work within the context of a large and complex existing codebase
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with proficiency in English
- Motivated self-learner that can effectively work with minimal direct oversight
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.