Do you want work collaboratively designing modern IT architecture for some of the largest digital transformations in Europe?
We are looking for motivated Solution Architects to take on the challenge of solving complex problems that impact the most vulnerable citizens in society.
We maintain and modernise services that will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives.
The scale of what we do is extraordinary and our purpose is unique..
You will join our community of Solution Architects across DWP Digital. We maintain and modernise services that will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives.
Opportunities exist in the Corporate Services and Payments teams in our Digital Hubs in Blackpool and Manchester, designing modernised Payments systems or Corporate services, including a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform.
As a Solution Architect, you will:
• Design technical solutions (products and services) to meet user needs and align with DWP technical strategy and standards.
• Provide a consistent set of solution views, that communicate and describe the construction of the solution to all stakeholders.
• Champion solution communication, making the complex simple to understand.
• Support delivery teams, blending technical (development and architecture) and behaviour (leadership and communication) skills.
Your roles and responsibilities for this role include, but are not restricted to the following:
• Deliver the technical and architecture design elements of services.
• Work with engineering teams, and other Digital stakeholders, to create VFM solution designs.
• Ensure technical quality and adherence of solution designs to the DWP Digital Blueprint, Enterprise Architecture and Product Roadmaps.
• Identify, capture, share, iterate, and implement architecture patterns.
• Drive resolution of technical debt, to reduce the ongoing cost of DWP IT services.
• Develop product roadmaps and represent product designs at DWP governance forums, providing clear communication of architecture design and decision making, in order to gain approval to proceed with designs.
• Support the development of the DWP Architecture Practice.