Are you an engaging leader?
Do you want to work within an exciting Test Engineer community?
Do you want to find new ways to solve problems, achieve big things and make an impact?
Then get in touch.
Come and help us deliver one of the biggest digital transformation projects in Europe, as part of a diverse team of experts.
Help transform how we work by finding new ways to adapt testing processes and help others embrace new ways of working.
Our work is integral, we design and build test solutions that deliver and support better services for our agents, colleagues and claimants.
You will need excellent attention to detail, a commitment to quality, a belief in the benefits of faster feedback and the ability to make decisions to manage a well assured service.
You will be able to collaborate with others, actively seek input from colleagues and value a multi-disciplinary team over hierarchy.
Please note- this role requires you to pass a security clearance check. For further information on this please see Selection process details.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will:
• Lead Test Engineers across several teams, providing technical leadership and guidance.
• Drive collaboration across engineers of different roles both within your team and the wider teams to solve problems and enable consistent solutions and strategies.
• Build automation test solutions that help to assure the quality of our products, contribute towards their design, and look for way to improve the value automation adds.
• Ensure that usability, accessibility, security, stability, and capacity are embedded in the development of services.
• Drive teams to take a risk based, context driven approach to agile testing assessing and understanding the risks to drive decisions.
• Lead the adoptions of Continuous Integration/Delivery pipelines to run a full range of tests against our products and assure our builds.
• Lead the traceability of testing, risks, defects, and report progress to appropriate stakeholders across several teams.
• Be willing to challenge assumptions and current processes to help us improve. Reusing and evolving our strategies and tooling.
• Drive the identification of tooling and solutions to aid constant improvements, ensuring we build the right product in the right way.
• Proactively share knowledge, solutions and support our internal communities along with mentoring, coaching, and supporting your peers.
The essential criteria for this role are:
• Demonstrable skills in a modern programming language and software engineering practices and aptitude to learn more.
• Experience building and maintaining comprehensive, robust, and reliable automated tests against UI’s and API’s including driving improvements to frameworks.
• Experience leading testing across multiple teams in the lifecycle from understanding business needs to delivery into production. Including technical leadership, test generation, reporting and defect management.
• Adaptable team player who understands agile ways of working, can influence others and has experience of shift left principles including CI/CD.
• Experience of conducting and enabling non-functional testing such as Performance, Security and Accessibility – including test types, test tools, and standards.
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact email@example.com.