- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in product management, consulting, co-founder or related technical role.
- 5 years of experience building and shipping technical products.
- Experience working with third-party developer tools, including documentation, APIs, SDKs, and client libraries.
- Experience working with developer tools for mobile compute applications targeting processors such as GPU, DSP, or specialized ML accelerators.
- Experience leveraging machine learning and automation practices.
- Experience with high-level ML frameworks, toolchains, and developer tools.
- Experience working effectively with senior leaders, peers, and direct reports with excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles for machine learning experiences and associated challenges.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Our team drives the GPU software stack for Android from the HAL and device driver layer through to scheduling work on the GPU. This team falls within the Android Developer Experience team which produces the tools and toolkits to enable developers to create the best possible mobile applications and games, spanning the breadth of Android devices and form factors.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Define tools roadmap to help developers easily productize ML-based use cases across the Android fleet.
- Propose and drive tools related to ML toolchain, profiling, debugging, and optimization.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure that the tools are on track for delivering developer value.
- Evaluate new applications, use cases, proofs-of-concept, technologies, and standards, and advocate for/against adoption based on system-level and use case consideration.
- Drive early and ongoing alignment between Engineering and Product Management, Software, and Research teams, and partner closely with Product teams across Google to understand their strategy, goals, and opportunities for strategic alignment.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form