BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
We are recruiting Security Architects to support our clients in the secure design, development, procurement and continued assurance of a diverse range of digital systems and solutions that underpin UK Critical National Infrastructure.
The role will provide technical leadership across a broad range of technologies, working with legacy, current and future/emerging technologies across IT, OT and/or IoT.
We are looking for candidates who are able to:
- analyse existing and proposed technical architectures for security risk
- lead the technical design of systems and services, advising on appropriate security controls from best of breed security standards: Such as NIST 800-53; ISO27001; IEC62443; NCSC CAF and other industry-relevant and government standards
- assure the implementation of security controls through life, from development through to decommissioning
- produce security architecture patterns based upon Government and Industry standards
- support quality assurance activities across a diverse team of architects
- interact and influence both senior and technical stakeholders across the client's business
- understand the impact of decisions, balancing requirements against operational and business need and deciding between approaches to engineer a pragmatic solution
- research and apply innovative security architecture solutions to new or existing problems and be able to robustly justify and communicate design decisions
- develop clients' cyber security vision, principles and strategy at a programme level
Candidates must have the majority of the following:
- Cloud security experience, in particular Microsoft Azure or AWS
- CISSP; CISM; CRISK or equivalent industry or academic certifications
- Experience of working with Agile development methodologies
- Experience of securing data classified at "Official"
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Awareness of EA architectural frameworks (such as SABSA, TOGAF, MODAF or Zachmann) and experience in applying security architecture principles to small or large integration projects
- Subject matter knowledge in one or many security technologies/areas - such as identity management, security operations, protective monitoring, encryption, cloud security, network security, application security etc.
- Experience of providing security architecture guidance to government and/or commercial organisations and production of supporting artefacts such as security architecture patterns or technical standards.
- Ability to articulate security (in particular technical security) advice and interact directly with a broad cross selection of personnel, including key stakeholders, up to CIO or IT Directors level within clients.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.