BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers' advantage. We are a highly respected engineering organisation providing services to governments around the world. At Digital Intelligence we are proud of the mission critical systems that we build for our customers, in areas that truly make a difference to society. We work in a number of sectors including Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Security, Defence, Space, Telecommunications and National and International Government to name a few. Due to ever increasing demand from our clients we have openings for Test Automation Engineers and Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) to support our mission, helping nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk, comply with regulation and transform their operations. Key Responsibilities:
The role will be embedded within one of our scrum teams, where you'll be creating Automated Tests to support the ongoing development of products and projects, working alongside developers to influence the design of testable code and platform engineers to integrate your tests into Continuous Delivery pipelines. The choice of tools, technologies and approaches will be wide and varied and you'll have a chance to influence the direction of automated testing.
• Analysing test requirements, designing and producing re-usable test scripts and specifying requirements for environments, data and test tools required
• Overcoming development obstacles to deliver quality testing on time
• Reviewing test artefacts produced by peers
• Reviewing test results and modify the test suite as necessary
• Defining and creating test cases from the analysis of non-functional specifications
• Designing and executing functional and performance test scripts, and security tests
• Analysing requirements for test automation, designing and implementing the technical solution regardless of approach.
• Reviewing and assuring the scope and execution of Unit Tests and Integration Tests performed by Software Engineers
• Working closely with other Engineers to describing to how their work will be, or has been, tested such that the Software Engineers gains insight into the tester's interpretation of the requirements
• Execute Session-based (Exploratory) Testing where scripted testing is inappropriate or requires augmentationWhat we are looking for:
Other Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of Agile software development
- Demonstrable knowledge of atleast one automated test tool
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Use of collaboration tools (Atlassian Suite, Git etc)
- Familiarity with BDD and TDD tools
- Awareness of accessibility standards
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.