- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- Experience with the principles of cost management and planning/scheduling.
- Experience in the construction of high tech facilities with responsibility for project control scope.
- Candidates will typically have 5 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience with earned value, progress measurement, productivity, and resource management.
- Experience with accountability and ownership for end-to-end project life cycle.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple levels of an organization with experience leading cross-functional process improvements and holding projects leads accountable to project goals.
- Excellent cost and schedule skills, including scheduling, enterprise value management, change order review, review and approval of proposals, invoicing, pay applications, risk management, and value engineering.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with Google data center (GDC) partner teams and engineering groups to support the delivery and management of Google's Capital Expenditure program.
- Lead initiatives for continuous improvement of project controls for both schedule and cost driven needs that create impact.
- Support data center project managers and work directly with project teams at a site or metro level to support project control implementation including setup, training, execution, and assurance.
- Maintain project control specifications and scopes of work for contractors and vendors that are aligned with internal procedures. Implement continuous improvement process and feedback loop.
- Develop and implement performance measurement systems for projects and the portfolio.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form