About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Seeking a dynamic engineer who is passionate for cloud and security technologies to be part of a team that develops enterprise security solutions. As an architect in our Data Protection team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, integrating, testing and deploying features and components in a large-scale system. We expect you to drive improvements to code quality, performance, and team processes while leveraging modern web technologies and tools. The successful candidate will be able to debug problems arising as a result of implementing data protection technologies and be able to understand the implications of those implementations.
Develops and administers the solutions that meet system expectations relative to scalability, performance, fault tolerance, usability, and data integrity. Delivers solutions that meet end user expectations relative to performance, usability and security for the Data Protection Engineering and Architecture function.
Uses specific knowledge of a discipline to achieve goals through own work. Has specific knowledge or expertise typically gained through formal education or equivalent experience. Uses expertise to provide guidance to others as a project manager or consultant. Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines. Solves complex problems. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. Will lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Setting up Encryption using Technologies such as Voltage, Secupi, Protegrity, or Microsoft Purview
- Understanding Key Management framework and best practices around Bring Your Own Key and Hold Your Own Key.
- Setting up DLP Policies in Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps (CASB) , Microsoft Defender for Endpoint and Microsoft Purview
- Assisting the Implementation of Data Loss Prevention and guide on unit testing, and support documentation;
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating, analyzing, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposing solutions.
- Collaborating with Enterprise Architecture organization as needed.
- Reviewing documentation, processes or procedures, and recommends where automation or improvements can be implemented
- Operating independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit/function; Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners
- Excellent teammate skills, effectiveness both in independent and collaborative work.
- Ability to learn and use new technologies.
- Background in networking, data security and cloud-based applications.
- Experience with distributed computing platforms for high-scale systems.
- Experience with Azure services and eco-system.
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux-based environments.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools.
A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required. Information Security Certification / Accreditation preferred such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, Cisco, SANS, etc.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.