About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Senior Silver Peak Engineer is a key member of our IT team and will be responsible for ensuring the stability and security of our network infrastructure.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Design and implement Silver Peak SD-WAN solutions to meet business requirements
- configure, troubleshoot, and optimize Silver Peak appliances.
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and design network solutions.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure smooth network operations.
- Develop and maintain network documentation, including diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and analyze network performance metrics to ensure optimal network operation.
- Participate in network security initiatives, including patching and vulnerability remediation.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other network engineers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest network technologies and trends
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with other IT teams and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Experience with SD-WAN technology, including design, configuring and troubleshooting
- Experience in monitoring SD-WAN technologies for availability and performance
- Expert-level knowledge of routing and switching protocols
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with scripting and automation tools is a plus
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.