MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. This role will typically be 2/3 days on site per week.
We're always on the lookout for experienced talent and frequently open new opportunities within in the Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) function of MBDA.
MEP is a fast-paced and dynamic department to work in where no two days are the same. You will join our diverse department and work collaboratively with our suppliers around the world. This is a great opportunity to develop a broad skills in a wide range of scenarios on a global scale, with future opportunities for career progression.
A role in MEP will could include:
- Pro-actively handling critical supplier subcontracts and obligations, developing and maintaining long term, open, collaborative and commercially robust business relationships with suppliers to ensure the on time, on cost, on quality delivery of tailored high value sub-systems and services.
- Managing subcontracts (including drafting, amending, negotiating and handling terms and conditions), holding the supplier to account for their performance and resolve any issues, provide commercial mentorship to internal collaborators and generate supplier strategies which deliver value for money.
- Travel to our suppliers in the UK, Europe and potentially internationally.
What we're looking for from you:
- Experience in a Procurement or Supply Chain-related role
- Qualified in a business subject area, procurement or supply chain accreditations or equivalent work experience
- Experience in contract management – not essential but must be willing to learn
- Problem solving in an exciting commercial environment
- Reporting and co-operation with internal and external collaborators
- Ability to influence and handle multiple relationships
- Analysing situations and be adept at understanding and communicating different possibilities, balancing risk
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is outstanding, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Additional Job Description