- Experience with technical and process challenges associated with network planning.
- Experience with internal forecasting, planning, and design tools (e.g., WAND, Tetralight, Hauler, DENS, etc.).
- Experience with business or project budget creation and cost-benefit analysis.
- Experience defining system or process requirements, building, integrating, or delivering large-scale layer 1, layer 2 or layer 3 network systems.
- Analytical coding and framework experience including SQL, R, Go, or Python.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an ambiguous and busy operations environment, and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Outstanding organizational, multitasking, and prioritization abilities with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in English fluently.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Produce designs to meet all optical infrastructure and capacity plans for Google’s global core production network.
- Provide subject matter expertise throughout the new product introduction (NPI) life cycle. Incorporate new solutions into plans and designs. Ensure plan and design tool sets and business processes are ready for intaking NPIs.
- Drive the automation road map of all automatable tasks performed by the team, substantially reducing cycle time and improving quality and consistency.
- Evolve the business processes governing the generation of designs, throughout their life cycle (e.g., input gathering, generation, validation, publication, transfer), specifically including the definition of the business policies that govern them (i.e., architectural/topology, hardware life cycle, capacity/utilization goal).
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form