BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
This role will support the Senior Accounts Payable Officer and PTP Team Leader in Kuala Lumpur , and through them, the PTP Manager (Finance Shared Service teams in the UK (Preston). , and ensure a high quality of service delivery to our external and internal stakeholders. This role will assist our team in Kuala Lumpur in managing Accounts Payable activities in particular, for our global supplier base, but will also be providing support to the Expenses operation on an ad hoc basis.
The role will work closely with the PTP team and act as second in command in the absence of the Senior Accounts Payable Officer & PTP Team Lead.
This role will be part of a small team that executes the following process responsibilities;
- Scan, check and post invoices received in to Accounts Payable (AP) to the SAP system for all entities within the group
- Ensure invoices are processed to agreed SLAs and that invoices due for payment are appropriately escalated
- Manage supplier queries - Dispute Management
- Process automated and manual payments for all third party suppliers
- Prepare aged creditor and debit balance reviews and reconciliations
- Reconcile supplier statements in line with group policy
- Check and process intercompany invoices into SAP
- Process electronic expense claims within our Concur system
- Audit expense claims in line with our expenses policy
- Process manual expense claims and post to the ERP system
- Resolve employee expense & Concur related queries
- Pay employee expenses - credit cards and cash payments
- Reconcile company credit card statements
- Review aged creditors and debit balances
- Administer debt management reports
- Manage corporate credit cards - issue, suspend, cancel
- Produce balance sheet reconciliations - employee, Amex, Barclaycard
- Experience in Expense reimbursement/ Accounts payable finance roles is desirable (1-2years)
- Operating previously in a shared service environment would be an advantage
- A willingness to seek process performance improvement
- Strong willingness to operate in a performance focussed business unit delivering to service level agreements and key performance indicators
- Experience of operating on integrated ERP systems is preferred (SAP)
- Good Microsoft Office suite skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working to tight timescales and consistently meeting deadlines
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- The role holder must have functional and operational credibility
- An ability to work effectively in a challenging environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexible approach that allows for working in other areas within the Shared services organisation
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.