The Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Sr. Project Manager in Product role is responsible for implementing new products or large scale enhancements to major product lines across C&IS.
In this role, the Sr. Project Manager acts in the capacity of the Accountable Owner, liaising between Product Management, Northern Trust Operations and Technology, clients and vendors. This individual drives project execution and provides transparency, all while ensuring solutions remain aligned with business strategies and technology roadmap. Armed with deep business knowledge, a robust internal network, and tools such as the Agile Framework, the Sr. Product Developer is well positioned to deliver a successful business result.
- Managing capital funded change initiatives, complex products and/ or projects across multiple teams
- Serving as the Accountable owner and champion the initiative
- Working with Sr. Managers and sponsors on business case, document project goals and justification for project expenditure. Product oversight of business specification based on business requirements and communicates business specifications to inform technology partners
- Overseeing completion of all documentation required for compliance with Agile Framework & SDLC including managing Jira Boards, release / project plans and cap ex budgets.
- Communicating project status, progress and spending to team members and stakeholders
- Providing leadership and oversight for the project. Make decisions. Drive for results. Try new things & explore alternative ways to achieve the desired outcome (think outside of the box).
- Managing product development to maximize scalability and reusability, developing a playbook in support of excellence in execution
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Previous experience in the technology and/or financial services industry
- Demonstrated experience in project management, business, and financial operations management and /or information technology.
- Strong mastery of products or business areas related to client solutions
- Proven track record leading large strategic initiatives which are complex in size and scope, and working across business lines.
- In depth knowledge of the Agile Framework and SDLC process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively articulate business requirements and specifications
- Proven negotiation skills
- University of College degree, PMP certification or any other relevant certifications or work related experience
- Strong understanding of Future State Technology Architecture (Matrix) is an advantage
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.