BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to over 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Behind great solutions there are great people: our employees. We pride ourselves on being able to solve some of our customers' most complex problems. Our people are what differentiates us, they are ingenious, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. In general, we work in teams. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with balanced, high quality solutions.
As a key member of our community, you'll be working with one of our National Security Customers to build a system that supports their core mission capabilities. You'll work as part of empowered, autonomous teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services.
We work hard and often go the extra mile, but we recognise people's efforts and that everyone has a life outside of work. We encourage people to speak up if they want to rotate to a new project in support of career development, or even just to face a new challenge. Our breadth across the UK Government and Law Enforcement sectors provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise or with new clients.Role Summary
We are looking for experienced SC cleared Test Lead to join an existing delivery team working in the Law Enforcement sector based in London. You will be required to lead a small team of test engineers as part of a wider software delivery team.
As the Test Lead, you will be expected to have the requisite technical and managerial competencies required to plan and undertaking the full lifecycle of testing activities. This includes defining the testing and acceptance strategy for a project, planning system and acceptance tests and co-ordinating the execution of these plans and managing the relationship with the client with regards to the testing, acceptance and test results. As well as technical skills, the Test Manager requires team leading skills and communication skills
The role has a hybrid working pattern, however you will be required to attend and work on the customer site at least 2 days per week alongside the rest of the team. Key Skills:-
You will have experience in many of the following:
- Working to understand and resolve difficult technical issues
- Creating technical solutions to improve test process efficiency and validate the quality and performance of a range of technologies
- Understand the testing effort by analysing the requirements of a development project
- Estimate and obtain management support for the time, resources and budget required to perform the testing;
- Co-operate with stakeholders and senior staff as required to agree the testing strategy;
- Arrange the hardware and software requirements for the testing;
- Take responsibility for the management and reporting of the testing activities within a development project;
- Plan or oversee the planning of the system and acceptance tests and co-ordinates the execution of these plans;
- Apply available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produce a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature;
- Successfully accelerate development by helping develop teams help themselves;
- Work with the development teams to automate testing wherever possible.
- Work with/as-part of the development teams to ensure sufficient testing is being performed appropriate to the cadence of the development cycle;
- Ensure content and structure of all testing documents/artefacts is documented and maintained;
- Identify improvements to the testing process and assists in their implementation;
- Lead stakeholders in defining acceptance tests and take responsibility for their proper execution.
How do we support you:-
- Ensure the timely delivery of testing milestones;
- Keep track of the new requirements/change in requirements of the Project;
- Escalate issues regarding project requirements (software, hardware, resources) to senior stakeholders;
- Organise relevant test meetings and appropriate status report (Daily, Weekly etc.) to senior stakeholders as required;
- Take responsibility for the management of the testing activities within a project;
- Take responsibility for the production and approval of testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones during a project.
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Due to the projects you'll work on, and the clearance required, you will be required to work from a secure site (office) location (depending on project commitments). Typically our project teams work 2-3 days a week on site, though some roles involve 4-5 days, with sites in London (Vauxhall, Southwark and Stratford) and Bristol. The clearance level you'll be required to achieve is SC
. The clearance vetting process will take place over the course of the on boarding programme and will be managed by BAE Systems Shared Services.