National Grid is hiring a Business Partnering Director for our National Grid Ventures division. This role will be located in New York.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
IT and Digital works in a harmonized partnership with the National Grid group of diverse energy businesses to deliver technology which revolutionizes the way we operate. As we lead the charge towards a carbon-free future, our teams are embracing disruptive changes in our industry by working with Agile methodologies and adopting Digital mindsets to drive efficiency and bring new capabilities for our internal and external customers.
National Grid Ventures (NGV) is the competitive division of National Grid plc. It operates outside of National Grid’s core regulated businesses in the UK and US where it develops, operates and invests in energy projects, technologies and partnerships to accelerate the development of our clean energy future.
This is a critical, exciting and strategic role in a growth business with a significant transformation agenda and will play a substantial part in supporting the energy transition for all.
To act as the IT&D Business Partner operating as a valued part of the senior management team and to develop and deliver the technology priorities for one or many NGV Business Units in order to drive long term execution of the strategy, financial and business performance.
This role has full end to end accountability and is the primary interface into IT&D, working closely to leverage the broader IT&D teams to deliver the business outcomes.
- Overall accountable to the Business Unit President/Head for planning, delivering and operating all IT&D needs
- As part of the senior management teams for both NGV IT & Digital and relevant Business Units, contribute to key strategic, commercial and non-financial performance related decisions, leading the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes to help drive business performance
- Own the development and management of long and short term Business Unit roadmaps/plans, co-ordinating and leveraging capabilities across other IT&D teams
- Provide transparency within IT support functions costs and drivers in order to support the business in the value/risk based discussions with the wider National Grid businesses, and be able to demonstrate the cost and value created by IT&D and embed cost transparency within the business
- Regularly create and present insightful and detailed analysis of IT function performance and provide advice on optimizing cost and profitability management, including efficiency and productivity improvements
- Lead all planning, budgeting and forecasting activities, including creation of review reports
- Develop a deep understanding of all the activities, processes and responsibilities within the IT support functions including key stakeholders globally and their teams for the purpose of effectively managing their individual and joint strategic and commercial targets
- Own and execute the process for BU prioritization of change plan
- Manage the governance of the BU portfolio (inc business case sanctioning)
- Manage consolidated BU IT&D risks (delivery, security, technology)
- Extensive experience across the end to end IT lifecycle
- Exceptional stakeholder management
- Strong financial and acumen - Ability to manage large multi-million pound budgets
- Energy sector experience
- Portfolio management
- Change management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
$167,000 - $195,000 a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.