Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee Technical Threat Manager
London/Hybrid It’s an exciting time to be at QBE...
We’re going through a period of company-wide transformation and modernisation with the aim of providing the best service to our customers!
Are you ready to make your career at QBE?
We are on the lookout for passionate and diverse Technical Threat Managers to help drive essential planning and execution of all purple teaming engagements, attack simulations whilst manging deception technology globally.
You will be working closely with other teams within Group Cyber Security to push the boundaries of technology in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Investing in Technology is a big part of our transformation, but it is not all about the tech. It’s the way we think and work every day and our people key to this. Which is why we’re just as focused on investing in you. Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Manage the delivery and daily operations for the Advance Threat Services function, consisting of the purple team engagement and deception operations. The goal is to continually improve the threat detection, prevention, and response capabilities for QBE:
- Manage the global attack simulations to identify gaps in detection and prevention capabilities and offer guidance on necessary improvements.
- Manage the development of the Attack Simulation Platform and Deception technology.
- Drive the collaboration on scoping of purple team projects with our security partners and Global Security Operations.
- Develop and maintain cyber detection rules and use cases to detect threats and security risks in QBE’s IT infrastructure.
- Build custom detection rules for specific environments and systems to improve the accuracy and effectiveness of the detection systems.
- Lead the development of automation for both purple team and deception operations. In addition, any defensive activities to support the security operations.
- Provide expertise on the latest attacker techniques and behaviour, exploring detection and prevention methods to improve QBE’ security controls.
- Influence and communicate with other divisions within Group Cyber Security, Engineering, and Global IT to advance detection, prevention, and response approaches through information sharing and Cyber defensive training.
- Manage and hunt for threats by developing hypotheses, defining search criteria, validating findings, and suggesting corrective measures.
- Create and maintain threat hunting procedures for QBE by working closely with the Threat Intelligence team.
- Assist in the recommendations for security configurations for both purple team and deception infrastructure at QBE.
- Educate global team members on technical topics pertaining to red and blue team activities within security operations, helping upskill the global team.
- Support the GSOC team with Incident Response when required.
- Produce comprehensive reports with meticulous attention to detail.
- 3 years’ experience in driving or delivering both offensive and defensive security programs.
- Advanced understanding of tactics, techniques, and procedures that modern attackers use to compromise organisations.
- Experience in conducting both red team and purple team engagements that simulate real-world attack scenarios.
- Developing and implementing effective strategies for cyber threat hunting, building detection, and offensive security.
- Advanced technical expertise of security solutions and technologies, including Windows, Linux, applications, networking, and architecture.
- Manage relationships with global security operations colleagues and other departments, including network teams and incident managers.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions on remediation and counter measures.
- Be able to communicate effectively and update senior stakeholders globally.
- Experience in managing a technical team and technical deliverables.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Security certifications in any of the following SANS (GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, GREM), ISC2 (CISSP, CCSP), ISACA, CEH, CREST, OSCP or equivalent
We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It’s in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference . In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation (https://qbeeurope.com/careers/flex-qbe/) .
Some of the award’s QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include; 5-star Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) awards, 2023 Winner -
Insurance Business Canada Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers. ESG & Sustainability
At QBE, we believe that integrating sustainability into our business helps us deliver on our purpose of enabling a more resilient future . Our three key focus areas include fostering an orderly and inclusive transition to a net-zero economy, enabling a sustainable and resilient workforce and partnering for growth through innovative, sustainable and impactful solutions. For further information regarding QBE’s sustainability targets, including our net-zero pledges and inclusion of diversity targets, and our award-winning impact investment initiative ‘Premiums4Good’, please visit our Sustainability homepage and read our latest Sustainability Report ( Link ) . About QBE
We can never really predict what’s around the corner, but at QBE we’re asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage.
We’re an international insurer that’s building momentum towards realising our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner.
And our people will be at the centre of our success. We’re proud to work together, and encourage each other enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies and our communities.
With more than more than 11,000 people working across 27 countries, we’re big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate and kind.
We believe this is our moment - what if it was yours too?
Your career at QBE - let’s make it happen!
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to apply ! Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process. APPLY NOW and let’s make it happen!
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.