Are you looking for a Java Engineer role that will deliver solutions to improve people’s lives?
Do you want to solve complex engineering problems that will reach out to the lives of millions of people through critical DWP services?
Are you collaborative, agile and test driven in your approach?
We’re looking for Java Engineers to design, build and maintain our flagship service, Universal Credit.
Universal Credit is one of the highest profile digital transformation programmes in the world, praised for its fast and flexible response to the Covid-19 pandemic and now in use by over 5 million claimants and 30,000 staff.
Few other organisations globally can offer the same opportunity to work with cutting edge technology at this scale and to make such a critical difference to millions of people’s lives.
Our Java Engineers are experienced developers who would like to continue to build and support well tested services to our users.
You will follow best practice and work in teams that deliver quality software products.
We work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team, focused on designing and building software products that make up services used by millions of people.
Our teams focus on operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality for the code we produce.
Your responsibilities will include but are not restricted to, the following:
• Design and build the Universal Credit service including building reusable libraries.
• Coaching and mentoring your peers and more junior staff, supporting their professional development.
• Collaborate with senior engineers and the wider community to set the strategic direction for the department.
- Annual leave rising up to 30 days, (based on your working pattern).
- Family friendly flexible working arrangements, such as hybrid working, job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
- Learning and development tailored to your role this could include industry recognised qualifications, coaching and mentoring.
- An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
- This job role may be suitable for hybrid working
- An inclusive and diverse environment with opportunities to join staff networks including: Women’s Network, National Race Network, National Disability Network (THRIVE) and many more.
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.