Are you an experienced Software Engineer?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment continually looking to evolve?
Are you looking for an opportunity to support and develop digital products across the civil service?
We’re looking for outstanding Software Engineers, who want to contribute to demanding and exciting digital services for the UK Government.
Be part of changing the face of public services with the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
Our Engineers to build and run applications as part of a multi-functional agile delivery team.
What really excites the successful candidate is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users.
The candidate will be expected to draw value from collaboration with others, actively seek input from colleagues and value a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Software Engineers are skilled working level engineers responsible for ensuring best practices are adhered to across the department and working with the team to delivery quality software products.
You will assist in the design of software products and infrastructure that make up our services in collaboration with architects and senior engineers. With a focus on operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality. You will be accountable for the code your teams produce.
As a Software Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not restricted to, the following:
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary agile team responsible for turning concepts into production-ready services.
• Responsible for building performant systems that can handle large traffic, data processing pipelines and large data sets.
• Write, share and review quality test-driven code, using modern frameworks and development techniques.
• Responsible for integrating with other services and data sources, working with cross-functional teams to ensure services are built to high standards.
• Responsible for ensuring that the implementation of services/solutions is adhered to approved designs.
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27% For further information please click here.
• Annual leave rising up to 30 days, (based on your working pattern).
• Family friendly flexible working arrangements, such as hybrid working, job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
• Learning and development tailored to your role this could include industry recognised qualifications, coaching and mentoring.
• An inclusive and diverse environment with opportunities to join staff networks including: Women’s Network, National Race Network, National Disability Network (THRIVE) and many more.
• This job role may be suitable for hybrid working
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact email@example.com.