- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Typically 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- Typically 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design/architecture.
- Experience with C++, Structured Query Language, or Web Development.
- Experience with Google Cloud, BigQuery, Spanner, Java, Data Visualization, Application Design, or Machine Learning.
- Experience with Scope 3 carbon accounting methodologies and Life Cycle Assessment methodologies.
- Passion for the fight against climate change.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Google Climate Operations team is responsible for ensuring Google achieves 24/7 Carbon-Free Energy and Net Zero emissions for our global operations and value chain by 2030. The team works cross-functionally across our global operations and hardware supply chains to develop and scale new solutions on energy and carbon. It also leads efforts to create the external market environments necessary to drive decarbonization in a way that facilitates these goals and enables others to do so as well.
- Work with product management, and where available User Experience, to conceive and design application workflows, dashboards, and User Interfaces.
- Create technical design documents detailing rationale, and getting input/buy-in to key technical decisions.
- Leverage existing Google technology where possible to accelerate delivery.
- Build and refine end-to-end applications, working at multiple levels of stack from the APIs to front-end.
- Work on multiple overlapping projects at the same time and work independently.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form