- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience.
Candidates will typically have 1 year of experience in technical program management.
- Project management related work experience.
- Technical experience working on mobile or with mobile projects.
- Experience in DevOps, Continuous Integration, or other build, test, release.
- Mobile or web software development or testing experience.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Define top line metrics in collaboration with key stakeholders and work with telemetry team on implementing metrics in tools.
- Drive stability issues to resolution and help the engineering team to drive tools implementation. Drive process improvements and third party vendor initiatives.
- Work with Android Engineering Productivity Software Engineering team on top line metrics for integration testing at scale programs.
- Work with release team and QA team on improving coverage through implementing the feedback loop from testing.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form